Thursday 27 January 2011

Allons-y!


My rate of cash consumption has been nothing short of amazing since I arrived in Paris. So much so that I had to resort to a dinner of bread and nutella tonight - which thinking about it was quite a treat... In the line at the little bakery, I was wondering how I would get through a whole baguette and whether it would still taste good tomorrow when the woman infront of me asked for a "demi-baguette". Genius - these people have thought of everything!
.
Part of the eating light is because my friend is coming over to visit me for the weekend tomorrow. He probably doesn't appreciate just how bored I've been but basically the last week I have been planning the weekend to fit in all the things I have not had the balls to do on my own. Also have scheduled in a trip to Notre Dame and the Ile from which the whole City originally began and have chucked in a tour of the pere-lachaise cemetary where Jim Morrison is famously buried (along with other alumni including Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Marcel Proust...etc etc) as a bit of a weirder treat.
.
And of course, what trip would be complete without a good French wine tasting.... I came here for a friend's hen night a few years back and did this really fun tasting so have looked up the guy and booked us in. As it happens, he has done quite well for himself during this time and now runs a wine bar and tasting rooms close to the Louvre. Can you imagine being good at something like wine which is something everyone enjoys and likes to learn about and which can be quite good money? If I were to have a strike of entrepreneurialism, I'd like to think there is something I could put my all into which I would actually also enjoy doing.
.
Something to ponder over the weekend but I'm not sure if I'll have time to schedule it in!
.
One sleep to go!
.

2 comments:

  1. It feels so weird seeing this blog active! lol

    now you are blogging and I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what Otin said! it's good to see you didn't fall off the face of the blogging world!

    HAVE FUN! but don't try to pack too much in, Paris can be exhausting at that rate! Take it slowly and don't worry about wandering around alone, I've done it quite a few times! :p

    ReplyDelete