Monday 6 April 2009

The morning before

I don't have the quickest of reactions, so it comes as no surprise that I've finally got the 'new year resolution' bug - in April. Maybe it's the longer days or maybe I'm feeling inspired by what the humble Honda F1 team have achieved over the Winter - but there's definitely something in the air.

I've taken some time off work and am trying to make a wish list of things I want to do - there's no timeline and it's certainly not a race to the end - but it's something to mull. Professionally I am very happy and my list so far reflects that. It's mostly places I want to visit (I've always half regretted not taking a gap year) as well as some lifestyle changes.

The aim of course is not for the list to be a passive wish list of things I will never achieve. So, this morning, I have run my first 2 miles (quite the achievement in itself for me!) as part of the build up towards the marathon I have signed up for in September (eek!) and next weekend I am off to Madrid to see the famous triangle of art galleries that the City has to offer.

For now though, I have discovered some great recipe blogs which have inspired me for lunch. When I figure out how to upload links and photos, I'll be sure to share my finds - and cooking efforts...

1 comment:

  1. By "triangle" you mean the Prado, the Reina Sofía and the... ? Thyssen-Bornemusa?
    Here's a useful tip: museums are free Sunday morning and (most) closed Sunday afternoon and Mondays (although I think the Reina Sofía might have another closing day... you should look into it!)

    Enjoy Madrid! It has a lot to offer although it's not always that easy to find... Take a walk in the Retiro, visit the Palacio Real, avoid having a drink of any kind in the Plaza Mayor (I had the most expensive coke in my life there once)...

    And thx for stopping by and commenting on my blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete